Friday, August 14, 2026

Embodied Truth

              Embodied Truth


“And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and some teachers, equipping the saints for the work of ministry, to build up the body of Christ, until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of God’s Son, growing into maturity with a stature measured in Christ’s fullness.” Ephesians 4:11-13


Paul is explaining how unity in Spirit is how we are equipped to do the mission of God so that the body of Christ can be built up and expanded. We can BE the church.


During a phone interview the other day I was asked the question,“What does the word ministry mean to you?” I was interviewed because of my involvement in student ministry. Coming into a large church a few years ago and asking God where I could serve I had felt that nudge to check this ministry out. What did I have that could be brought to students? I knew that God had given me a gift of encouragement and prayer but never imagined how those things would minister to me serving within this ministry. Of all the places I have served in churches this one far exceeds anything God has asked me to step into. Saying yes to things is a reminder I know that I don’t have it and God does showing up means I get to partner with him in what he is doing and I get to belong to something so much greater than myself. That is what that word ministry paints in mind. The ability God has to use willing hearts that have been gifted in unique ways to be the fullness of Christ embodied in us. 


God is in the business of using ordinary people to do extraordinary things. Just look all throughout the Bible and our lives. Together we partner with Him to abundantly more than we could ever think or imagine. 


So what could God be asking you to step into that in trusting him would grow you deeper?


One of the greatest joys of seeing God work is seeing how growth happens within leaders. The gifts God has given each of us is unique in ways that together we grow deeper knowing who we are and what that means living in this world. Equipping saints for the mission. I see that in high schoolers. I hadn’t seen that before but watching them continues to encourage my heart and remind me to keep walking in faith. 


Father,

Thank you that you created for us to be in a relationship that belongs and connects with one another. We can be that embodied Truth walking in the world so that others can know you Jesus. So refocus our minds and hearts when we forget. Unify our faith together and walk in ways that they see Jesus. Help us to grow in the fullness of Christ together.

Amen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Brings Glory

This picture was taken by a good friend that got to witness this display of glory. On top of mountain above the clouds she witnessed it. I a...