Wednesday, June 3, 2026

He Is For You


  He Is For You


“I am the vine, you are the branches. The one who remains in me and I in him produces much fruit, because you can do nothing without me.” John 15:5


I am learning to crotchet. I never thought I would be someone who would be interested in this. Sure it was something I heard other older women did and anticipated that time in my life when maybe I could learn to do this. It seemed like such a beautiful thing to see that woman with her bag of yarn sitting quietly and taking her crochet needle and weaving together something. I always pictured a blanket and how one day I could learn to do this. Since this time I have found myself with books, yarn, needle, and anticipation to create something but I find myself making those patterns to pull that yarn back apart and start again. Recently I stepped up my game and went to a craft store and purchased some colorful yarn. Now my stitches jump out in this way that even my husband commented, “Wow they are much closer together you have come a long way.” My sister was one to get me started when I went to visit. She has given me scarfs, and I have seen blankets that she has made and even held onto one that I look at as a reminder of all that stitch work and how maybe one day I could produce something as beautiful as she has created. 


That one string turns into a beautiful masterpiece but apart from that there is no creation. I had to start with that one string of yarn and it can become something to be worn, covered with, or something we can carry things in. The possibilities are unlimited if I keep going. The same is true of my life in Christ. 


Maybe the reason for the love of crocheting is the ability to sit still and use my hands. I find myself less picking up my phone and more reaching for that possible project these days. That desire to go back and try again even as what I create in reality will probably be a long way off. No self help book or video will teach me it will be only building that muscle memory and to keep going. So why do I forget that when it comes to those spiritual things I haven’t seen transformed yet. Because I forget. 


Father continue to remind me that you are for us. Your faithful love to a thousand generations. Help me remain in you Jesus. 


How is He working and weaving that truth within your heart to remember that He is for you?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Brings Glory

This picture was taken by a good friend that got to witness this display of glory. On top of mountain above the clouds she witnessed it. I a...