Divine Seeing
“Endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. This hope will not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” Romans 5:5
I recently heard that the gospel is caught not taught. Paul who knew the law but didn’t understand the role of grace became the gospel message unto the nations. Thirteen books of the Bible were written by Paul and some of the same words that reset my mind today are the very words inscribed by the Holy Spirit throughout his life. God sent Paul on a mission because of his willingness to go be that gospel message. I can do the same when I give my willing heart to be used in a way that embodies the love of God in this world.
There is so much I love about Paul and his life. Before his relationship with Jesus he breathed threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord. The Bible talks about how the Lord suddenly opened his eyes to who he was speaking against and his life was changed forever at that realization.
In God’s grace He opened Paul’s eyes that showed him who appeared on the road he was traveling on was the same God who restored his eyesight and filled him with the Holy Spirit. The scales fell from his eyes. He began to see in a new way. His focus changed because Paul's saw things I a different way.
So what if I chose to see things through God's faithful promises?
Divine seeing isn’t seeing things through my eyes. It is asking for Spiritual eyes to see what I can’t. A remembrance that like Paul what is being created in me is Christ’s character of peace and hope for those that don’t know Jesus yet.
I become His eyes, ears, and heart. We can become a real living example of the love of God to a watching world.
Father, Give me an eternal focus when I forget. Be my vision O Lord my God.
Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment