Monday, June 15, 2026

Live Fully Where You Are


 

 Live Fully Where You Are


"What the law could not do since it was weakened by the flesh, God did. He condemned sin in the flesh by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh as a sin offering in order that the law’s requirement would be fulfilled in us who do not walk according the flesh but according to the Spirit. Romans 8: 3-4


The law could never save us completely. God had to act personally on our behalf to break sins' power and Jesus was that rescue plan. For a long time I thought just obeying was the way to stay good with God. It was never about me trying to better it was learning that power that is made available to move my heart towards obedience is the Spirit that sets me free from my will. My flesh will always choose the opposite but the life of Christ in me can move in a direction that fulfills my life. It can set my mind on things above and not the earthly things. 


Sometimes I hear verses to nod in agreement but sometimes that very verse is the one that will speak to my heart and mind in a way that settles something so deep inside of me everything is calmed. Just the other night fear and anxiety started playing in my mind. This of course was after spending time with my small group discussing the lies we hear. In bed and drifting off to wake up and be reminded that fear never left. And that prayer I prayed wouldn't move it. So I just laid there and talked to God about it. "Here is what I am thinking about but I know that you are in control." But that night I pictured something different. I pictured my Shepherd close to me and removing everything that didn’t have a place in my life. I started to dwell on His Goodness and Faithfulness following me and kicking aside all the things that don’t belong. His resurrection power made available to me to put to death those thoughts that haunt me. And praise the Lord sleep came again that night. Father, help me remember that when it happens next time. 


That resurrecting power is available every single day we rise. I used to think it was a one time thing. I can receive a new heart and a new mind each day. “God create in me a clean heart and a renew a steadfast spirit within me.” I get to know my purpose is in Jesus alone and wherever he has placed me is the place where he desires to work. That is living fully where He is. Resting in His Goodness and Faithfulness knowing He is with me. 


So what would happen if you believed that Goodness and Faithfulness was following you?

 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation Brings Glory

This picture was taken by a good friend that got to witness this display of glory. On top of mountain above the clouds she witnessed it. I a...