The Story Isn’t Over Yet
Where do you need to be reminded of the faithfulness of God?
Looking back can remind me that God has been faithful though all of it. This time last year I wasn’t sure what that next step would be after retiring as a lead teacher. If I close my eyes I can picture myself at circle time singing, “Jesus Loves Me” and see those little faces light up at the mention of His name. To this past year still being with preschoolers at a slower pace and fewer hours and still being able love and encourage them. So much has changed in the time of a five year span and even as my healing hasn’t come yet I know that because of that I have learned more than I ever could have if it wasn’t for that sudden change.
My challenges are still present and the things I feel a passion to do will remind my body that I am not healed. Just yesterday I was standing on a playground with the kids swirling around me feeling that familiar fatigue I thought, “Lord, you could just heal me and we could be done with all of this.” Maybe that is the awareness God has given me that continues to turn my mind back to the reminder knowing it is because of what I have been given I know that I can’t depend on myself. His faithfulness will never leave me.
It was a year after that diagnosis I started to write and share what God was doing. Even as I knew He was worth trusting it would be in that year I would learn what that meant to take Scripture and start allowing that to transform my understanding. To begin to invite God into all of it not holding back. A year of journaling with the Lord taught me what that meant to take verses and begin praying them back over me.
I found a journal from October 2021 a couple months after that unforeseen change and the entry from Psalm 121:1 read. “I lift my eyes toward the mountains. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.” I wrote, “You are always on alert. You constantly watch over me. You are such a personal God. You care for every need. Lord, remind me of that when I physically stumble walking.” Even four years later that reminder of that drop foot that can come into play is the reminder that He is faithful.
That is the wildest part as I look back. What God has made me into can’t be explained. Those were words I had felt the Lord say to my heart right after that diagnosis. When things looked like the end it was, “We have only begun.” Looking back I knew because God had been faithful when I wanted nothing to do with him so that meant he wasn’t going to just stop being faithful now.
The Maker of heaven and earth who chooses us to make us more like Jesus. His faithfulness for us in it, through it, and because of it. Our stories can tell of God’s faithfulness.
So where can you look back at His faithfulness to see His faithfulness?
No comments:
Post a Comment